Synthetic Chemist - R&D
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with close to 50,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly. In March 2015, Air Liquide Research & Development Center (DRTC) was named one of Philly's Top Workplaces by philly.com and the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Analysis & Fine Chemistry group in Air Liquide’s Delaware Research and Technology Center in Newark, Delaware is seeking a talented, collaborator, Ph.D researcher to join our multidisciplinary group supporting the development of new molecules for high-tech industrial applications. This team develops and tunes targeted molecules to suit customers application processes for use in electronics, automotive, aerospace and healthcare industries. The individual filling this position will be responsible for design and synthesis of Silicon, Organometallic and inorganic compounds for application in the semiconductor, automotive, aerospace and healthcare processes.
The Research Scientist - Synthetic Chemist's primary focus will be the design and synthesis of Silicon, Organometallic and inorganic compounds for application in semiconductor processes. This researcher will:
Serve as safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness and continuous improvement in safety practices
- Demonstrate strong Organosilicon/metallic/inorganic synthetic chemistry expertise, use latest synthetic approaches and provide creative solutions to address synthesis challenges.
- Collaborate and achieve research project objectives and deliverables in timely manner
- Present results and report on project progress at team, group, and center level meetings.
- Promote innovative development of intellectual property
- Prepare presentation material for internal and external meetings and conferences
- Interact effectively with customers to promote research activities
- Ph.D in Organo Silicon/metallic/inorganic Chemistry with 3+ year of industrial experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in anaerobic synthesis using standard Schlenk line and glove boxes is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience of analytical instruments is required. Examples include techniques routinely used for characterization of compound such as NMR, FTIR, UV-Vis, TGA/DSC, GC/GCMS/GCTCD and Density/viscosity/RI
- Experience designing and working with pilot plants is preferred.
- Demonstrate collaborative mindset, ability to build alliances, persuades others and network internally and externally is preferred.
- Ability to influence peers through scientific leadership
- Experience working on interdisciplinary topics and with strong ability to interact efficiently in an international environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of reports and presentation is required.
- Must be fluent in English, verbal and written
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to frequently changing conditions/priorities
Apply for Synthetic Chemist - R&D
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly