Assessment Specialist I: Sciences
ETS (Educational Testing Service) is a global not for profit organization whose mission is to advance quality and equity in education. With more than 3,400 global employees, we develop, administer and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries.
Our Princeton, New Jersey headquarters is seeking an Assessment Specialist, Sciences with strong content knowledge, current standards and trends.
- Develop test items that are aligned with and integrate with multiple dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for a variety of science tests, including tests used for K-12 accountability, college admissions/placement, teacher certification and national benchmarks
- Assemble pretests, tests, and/or pools of questions to meet specifications, and work with colleagues to ensure test forms are accessible to all students
- Participate in constructed-response scoring activities
- Recruit, train, mentor, and manage outside item writers; help develop item writer training materials; assist with facilitation of item writer training meetings
- Assist with reliability, validity or comparability studies
Experience and Skills:
- Requires Master's degree in secondary science education, biology, chemistry, or physical science or closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible professional experience including teaching at the secondary or college level. Experience with K-12 students is desirable.
- Previous experience and familiarity with the Next Generation of Science Standards (NGSS)
- Comprehensive knowledge of field of specialty
- Experience in test development, educational measurement, applied statistics a plus
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. For a full list of position responsibilities and to apply please visit the following link: http://etscareers.pereless.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=83080.viewjobdetail&JID=250330&BUID=2538&cid=83080
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3xdxstk5mxnfhr8n