TDA Research Inc is seeking a highly qualified and entrepreneurial scientist/engineer with a passion for developing advanced technologies and translating them into real-world applications. The ideal candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Experience in one or more of these areas: coatings, corrosion, corrosion inhibitors, sensors, organic functionalized materials and/or material science
- 0-5 years of experience post Ph.D. in advanced technology related R&D
- A willingness and interest in expanding into new research fields
- Passion for generating new scientific approaches and ideas
- Excellent writing and laboratory skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Drive and desire to lead a team to solve hard problems for challenging customers
We are looking for exceptional scientist/engineers with the passion, creativity, and skills to pursue varied technical research in a multi-disciplinary environment. The research scientist/engineer will work with the existing team to build on current efforts and will lead the creation and execution of new initiatives in their own research areas. Effective proposal and report writing are important aspects of the position.
A successful candidate will generate new research ideas and write proposals for government R&D funding to develop their own research program. The research scientist/engineer will be expected to develop and transition new research programs while being a strong contributor to existing programs. A successful candidate must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers, have high written and spoken English language proficiency, and have excellent analytical skills. The research scientist will work closely with industrial and government customers and collaborators to meet program goals. This position requires personal initiative to accomplish technological innovation and creativity in support of new business development.
TDA Research, Inc is located outside Denver, Colorado with research offices in Wheat Ridge and Golden. We have a staff of 80 mainly engineers and scientists who develop cutting edge chemical processes, materials, and hardware for customers in the defense, aerospace, energy and chemical industries. We rely on a high level of technical competence and efficiency within our team and look for motivated, talented, and skilled innovators to join us in developing advanced solutions.