The Analytical Chemist will work as a member of a technical team in order to assist in the development and testing of new coating or anti-corrosion technologies for specialized applications of interest to the Department of Defense in general, specifically the US Navy. Candidates must be able to work with cross-functional groups (development, manufacturing and customers (government and industry)) to develop, test and transition products or technologies to practical fleet applications and solutions.
- Provide volumetric, gravimetric, potentiometric, thermometric, coulometric, spectroscopic, and chromatographic analysis as part of a team working to develop highly specialized polymers, resins and coatings for unique marine environments
- Potential for the right candidate to become a project leader on specific development projects
- Must work as part of a Coatings Science & Engineering development team and see projects from basic research through fleet deployment in a fast-past environment
- Successful candidate must be comfortable in handling multiple projects simultaneously, and will be responsible for maintaining an analytical laboratory that specializes in the analysis of polymers, marine coatings and seawater samples
- Candidate will work with samples to be analyzed for coating formulations, failure analysis and environmental testing using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FITR), Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), Total Organic Carbon Analyzer (TOC), Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA), Scanning Electron Microscopy-Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (SEM-EDAX), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), XRF, Cone Calorimeter Fire Test, UV-VIS spectrophotometer and gravimetric methodology
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry; MS in Analytical Chemistry preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in basic or applied research or product development (combined academia and industrial)
- Fluency in sophisticated state-of-the-art computer controlled instrumentation, database development and manipulation, to include data reduction & analysis
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of technical and non-technical staff
- Security Clearance required by government contract
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience/familiarity in formulating and fielding environmentally safe, cost-effective coatings or innovative, cost-effective corrosion control adhesive-based coating technology a plus, but not required
- MS in Analytical Chemistry preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Type of Position: Full-Time
Excet, Inc. is a growing research services firm specializing in science and engineering.
Excet, Inc. offers a collaborative team culture where you can use your skills and experience to advance your career and make a difference. We’re looking for intellectual curiosity, a high level of comfort with complexity, and a desire to work in a wide range of challenging environments. We continue to attract and retain the best workforce in the field.
The company specializes in finding the right people for any research, engineering, or project management challenge. We offer an employee benefits package and overall cost structure that attracts and retains the highest quality of employee.
If you have talent, experience, and a desire to advance your career, come join our team.
Excet, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and participates in E-Verify.