Program Support Facilitator
Program Support Facilitator
The University of Akron
- Facilitates assessment of the HIEI program, contracts with content experts for periodic review and upgrade for teaching materials, trains HIEI instructors in assessment and assurance of quality standards and manages and coordinates other various support services from UARF and the University required to meet the service scope requested by the HIEI. Occasional travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Develop and maintain a framework for continuous improvement of training programs using assessment best practices. Make regular assessments of curriculum, learning, instruction and program outcomes occur on time, both by personally performing assessment activities and coordinating input from other experts, reporting to the Grant Directors, recommending improvements and implementing those improvements approved by the Grant Directors. Engage in activities supporting application from HIEI for external agency accreditation of its programs. Functional guidance over nonexempt staff including general scheduling, assigning tasks and monitoring work activities.
- Contract with and closely manage content experts for review and upgrading of teaching materials to ensure outstanding work successfully delivering on agreed upon outcomes.
- Support professional development of instructors at the HIEI and oversee the development, implementation and assessment strategy of any Saudi Instructor Candidate training to take place at UA.
- Observe the program in KSA for support of assessment and module revisions, meeting with expatriate experts and training instructors.
- Support HIEI efforts in new initiatives such as short course development.
A relevant Master's Degree and four (4) years’ experience in technical or scientific teaching or training as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience in program evaluation. Demonstrated success in working in a collaborative team environment with flexibility, taking initiative and doing what needs to be done to reach shared goals. Ability to speak English fluently and clearly and write documentation of educational and training assessment at a level of proficiency requiring minimal proofreading and correction by a supervisor.
Experience working in the rubber or elastomer industry and some familiarity with the Arabic language and culture is preferred. Demonstrated success in personally performing technical training in English with English being the trainee's second language or experience in teaching across a cultural or language barrier is strongly preferred. Experience with international training a plus.
Deadline: Open until filled
Please note: This is a full-time temporary position and is subject to the availability of funding, the employment needs of the University and the employee's ability to meet established standards of job performance.
For complete details and to apply visit:
Job ID # 10420
The University of Akron is an equal education and employment institution. It is the policy of this institution that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any individual in employment or in its programs or activities at The University of Akron because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. The University is also committed to the principles of affirmative action and acts in accordance with state and federal laws.