Chemical Process Engineer
NICE America Research, Inc. is a newly established R&D Center in Silicon Valley, and is a branch of the National Institute of Clean-and-Low-Carbon Energy (NICE) in Beijing, China. NICE is the corporate research arm of Shenhua Group which is an integrated energy company and a Global Fortune 500.
We are building teams to develop cutting-edge sustainable and affordable technologies to improve energy efficiency, protect the environment, and mitigate climate change. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, skill, imagination, passion, and teamwork of people like you. Currently we have an opening for chemical engineer in catalysis area. We offer competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits. Relocation will be considered.
The Catalysis Focus Area aims to develop technologies for shale gas downstream applications such as production of hydrogen, olefins, aromatics, fuels, and fine chemicals. We look for people with industrial experience in process design, modeling and techno-economic evaluation. In particular, the successful candidate is expected to:
1. Work closely with the catalysis team and lead process modeling and techno-economic analysis for novel process development. Manage key performance indicator score sheets for the processes and be responsible for process improvement.
2. Participate in catalyst development at different stages and implement relevant research activities.
3. Prepare summary reports and review presentations and participate in regular project review meetings.
1. BS in Chemical Engineering or a related field with extensive training and experience in process modeling for industrial catalysis. Graduate degree is preferred.
2. 3+ years of experience in process engineering and techno-economic analysis in petrochemical or refinery industry. Pilot scale or above plant operation experience is plus.
3. An innovative and independent thinker. Demonstrated ability to quickly and creatively solve complex technical problems.
4. Excellent communication skill and a good team player. Energetic and self-motivated. Willing to work with flexible schedule in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Apply for Chemical Process Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly