Research Scientist: Polymer Chemistry
The National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) has an opening for a Research Scientist to work in the general area of polymer chemistry. Successful candidate will perform various material synthesis using a variety of techniques in order to produce specific novel materials. The candidate needs to be self-motivated and have the ability to clearly present research results in both technical and non-technical settings. A detailed lab notebook will be required. Successful candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team located in the Revolutionary Aviation Technologies Branch at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton Virginia. US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement as successful candidate is required to obtain and maintain a SECRET Personnel Security Clearance. A current clearance preferred.
· Master’s degree, PhD degree or equivalent in field of engineering or physical sciences
· Experienced with organic synthetic design
· Experienced in basic characterization (includes FT-IR, DSC, TGA, and NMR)
· Familiar with mechanical testing
· Competent using Microsoft Office
· Experienced in polymer synthesis
· Familiar with polymer characterization (GPC, rheology)
· Familiar with Schlenk techniques and glove box usage
· Familiar with elastomeric materials
· Familiar with environmental testing
Interested candidates should apply via NIA’s career opportunities site located at www.nianet.org under the ‘About NIA’ tab. Please include a letter of introduction, resume, and the names and contact information of three current references.
NIA, located near NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, is a non-profit research and graduate education institute created to perform aerospace and atmospheric research, develop new technologies for the nation, and help inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. Additional information about NIA and its research programs is available at www.nianet.org.
Apply for Research Scientist: Polymer Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly