Sr. Research / Principal Investigator, Analytical Chemistry
Sr. Research Investigator / Principal Investigator, Analytical Chemistry
Incyte Corporation is a fast growing biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics, primarily for oncology. We are part of the S&P 500 and named one of the Forbes most innovative companies in the U.S. Our first commercial product, Jakafi®, is approved in the U.S. for patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and for patients with polycythemia vera and projected to reach $1 billion in annual sales this year. We have a diverse and growing portfolio of product candidates, including both small and large molecules. Located in Wilmington, DE, Incyte employees enjoy a rewarding fast paced work environment, competitive compensation, an affordable cost of living and close proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, D.C. and the New Jersey and Delaware beaches.
Be a part of our dynamic Discovery Analytical Team which provides analytical support for medicinal chemistry and process chemistry at Incyte. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a variety of analytical techniques including analytical and preparative LC-MS and chiral separations. Experience working in an open access environment and SFC chromatography are a plus.
Summary of the Essential Functions of the Position
- Understands and effectively utilizes the principles of Analytical Chemistry to direct analyses and design new methodology as required
- Designs and validates new analytical methods to meet research objectives
- Provides purification of compounds submitted by medicinal and process chemists using appropriate techniques (e.g. LC-MS, reversed-phase HPLC, chiral HPLC).
- Provides analysis of compounds submitted by medicinal and process chemists using appropriate analytical techniques (e.g. LC-MS, HPLC).
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of analytical instrumentation
- Guides and directs others in the use of open access systems and analytical interfaces
- Interprets analytical data and effectively communicates results to chemists
- Collaborates with other analytical functions to solve complex problems
- Serves as a technical expert to all company functions
- Maintains proper analytical documentation
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent experience
- 2-10 years of related analytical chemistry experience