Manager, Analytical R&D Operations
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
Entegris is currently seeking a talented and innovative Analytical R&D Operations Manager to join its Analytical Services Organization in Danbury, CT.
In this leadership role, you will manage the daily operational and administrative functions, activities, and technical projects of Danbury Analytical Services R&D labs. You will also play an active role in recruiting, hiring, and training personnel on analytical testing and services.
In line with our values, which is fostering an environment of teamwork and excellence, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with technicians, scientists, applications engineers, local management, sales & marketing, as well as global technical team members with the shared goal of meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
In this role you will:
- Provide analytical technical leadership for the R&D laboratory team in Danbury, CT;
- Enhance laboratory productivity and profitability by forecasting accurate and realistic annual operating and capital equipment budgets;
- Reduce laboratory operating expenses, while maintaining or improving overall quality and service, by identifying and leveraging incentives with vendors to acquire new products or services for the laboratory;
- Initiate, document and review Performance Management activities for the laboratory;
- Use product and testing expertise to collaborate with internal and external customers to determine root causes in product development and quality problems;
- Respond to customers’ feedback on technical problems and improve product value as well as customer satisfaction;
- Continuous training on the various analytical techniques and methods.
Traits we believe make a strong candidate:
- Masters of Science in chemistry, physics or engineering required, Ph.D. preferred;
- Lab instrument (HPLC, IC, GC, ICP-MS, ICP-AES, AFM, SEM/FIB, FTIR) operations and maintenance experience preferred;
- LIMS set up and administration experience;
- Prior experience managing laboratory services in a chemical / gas manufacturing environment;
- Hands on experience with applicable quality tools such as pareto, FMEA’s, SPC/SQC, histograms, trend analysis, process mapping, design of experiments, cause and effect diagrams, 8D problem solving methodology;
- Strong hands on expertise in chemical analysis related to blended cleans and advanced deposition materials desired;
- Knowledge of proper safe handling/disposal of chemicals and ability to maintain a clean and safe workspace;
- Mandarin or Korean is a plus;
- Ability to travel 15% of time, some international.
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.
More jobs like this
- Full time Technical Services Analytical jobs in New Fairfield
- Full time Technical Services Inorganic jobs in New Fairfield
- Full time Technical Services Materials jobs in New Fairfield
- Full time Technical Services Organic jobs in New Fairfield
- Full time Technical Services Organometallic jobs in New Fairfield