Device Electrical Engineer
Brewer Science, Inc., a major innovator of high-technology solutions for the semiconductor / microelectronics markets is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic candidate to fill two open position as a Device Electrical Engineer's in the Device Engineering & Product Development Group located. Ine will be in Rolla, MO and the other will be in Springfield MO
The Device Electrical Engineer is a skilled professional that can: Evaluate/design/develop/construct/trouble-shoot/debug and test specific electronic components and circuit designs, research and test existing and custom printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing and assembly methods and materials, and provide electronic engineering information by answering customer questions and requests. Working from experience and by using new or existing Brewer Science and/or outsourced transducers, sensors, or devices the individual will design custom electronic circuits, plan and obtain resources for construction of these circuits, and build the circuit on a custom PCB to create a new prototype and/or alpha stage product by applying a broad physics knowledge of electricity and electronic materials. He/she will optimize and improve the electronic circuit design process and determine the appropriate troubleshooting and test methods to ensure the creation of a device electronic system with better performance and greater reliability than currently available products.
- Generate original and novel electronic hardware circuits that are complementary to our new carbon-based devices, transducers, and sensors and lead to a strong IP portfolio and innovative product development
- Design a project based on existing or new electronic circuits and execute and/or lead the project, in order to develop the required electronics hardware package.
- Develop and improve electronic instrument hardware for device, transducer, and/or sensor testing and analyze experimental results using statistical methods
- Improve and optimize electronic circuit design, fabrication, and, characterization to ensure stable, consistent, and, reliable electronic hardware performance for future products.
- Learn market/customer needs with respect to electronic hardware performance, power, and footprint(size) specifications and update existing or create new circuits and PCBs to efficiently accommodate these requirements.
- Communicate to internal functional organizations and to customers efficiently regarding the electronic hardware parts of the device-oriented overall system through presentations, live or video demo, etc., in order to support product business.
- Identify the parts component inventory and other resources (PCB etc.) that are required to develop an electronics hardware system. Work/collaborate internally or externally to fulfill those requirements.
- Mentor and supervise junior team members
- Participate in customer marketing discussions to communicate the specific advantages of the multi-device network analysis product system including the user interface (internal or external meetings, preparation of product related documents and patent disclosures, copy writes, and, presentations and papers in technical conferences and journals)
- Conducts and leads the design of custom electronic circuits and PCBs that will result in either marketable device based electronic read-out and/or control systems or in IP for these systems
Credentials and Education
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- Three-year’s experience in designing and building electronics hardware and firmware systems and/or engineering experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Ability to understand the market need for the signals required to query and measure the condition of electronic devices and transducers
Application Process: To apply for this position, please complete the online application. This position is open until filled, screening will begin immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Veterans