Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Tenure Track in Analytical Chemistry)
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Marian University has experienced tremendous success and growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in various areas.
The Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis invites applicants for a tenure-track position in Analytical Chemistry at the Assistant Professor level starting in Fall 2018. Exceptional candidates are sought in all areas of analytical chemistry with a preference for separation methods and / or mass spectrometry. Commitment to excellent and innovative undergraduate teaching is required. Primary teaching responsibilities at the outset will be in Analytical Chemistry and the General Chemistry curriculum. A research agenda involving undergraduate students is highly desired. Innovative approaches to laboratory instruction would be preferable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit leadership interest and potential, promote academic excellence, actively participate in the life of the campus and help advance the institution.
- Teaching responsibilities are 12 credit hours per semester.
- Actively participate in curriculum development and assessment within the department.
- Mentor and advise students and supervise student research as well as internships.
- Be involved in service to the university and engaged in research and scholarship.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings, campus events, intellectual discussions, fine arts performances, social events and sporting events.
- Interest in science education and STEM education grants is a plus
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a related field.
- Record of strong accomplishments in teaching.
- Strong commitment to each student's success.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 38 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to email@example.com will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.