Postdoc/PhD Positions - The Weiss Nano-Bio Lab
The Weiss group at Bar-Ilan University, Israel, is developing voltage sensing inorganic nanoparticles (vsNPs) that are designed to self-insert into the cell membrane and optically record, non-invasively, membrane potential at the single-particle level.
We are currently working on functionalization and membrane insertion schemes for these probes. Once fully developed, these vsNPs could be generally useful for the study of action potential signals in the central and peripheral nervous systems and in muscle tissues.
We are looking for PhD and Postdoc students to join our team in the development of novel smart nanoparticle coatings to interface with different types of cells.
The ideal candidate should have:
* A strong background in chemistry/biophysics. preferably in polymer/peptide/protein chemistry.
* Experience in relevant analytical chemistry techniques for characterization of nanoparticle-coating conjugates: Fluorescence spectroscopy, light scattering, HPLC chromatography - an advantage.
* Bioconjugation, thiol chemistry, labeling reactions experience - an advantage
The candidate should be a team player with strong communication skills, self motivated, independent and with the capability to efficiently design and execute an experimental plan.
Apply for Postdoc/PhD Positions - The Weiss Nano-Bio Lab
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- $30,000 - $39,999 Full time Research-Basic Analytical jobs in Israel
- $30,000 - $39,999 Full time Research-Basic Biochemical jobs in Israel
- $30,000 - $39,999 Full time Research-Basic Biotechnical jobs in Israel
- $30,000 - $39,999 Full time Research-Basic Inorganic jobs in Israel
- $30,000 - $39,999 Full time Research-Basic Materials jobs in Israel