Senior Development Scientist - Surface Care Formulations, Sheboygan, WI
Bring us your passion and zest for discovering, developing and commercializing new and improved hard surface care, household cleaning, disinfectant and sanitizing wet wipe formulations/ products. As the Senior Development Scientist, you blend your technical expertise with our fabulous Product Management team (marketing, GPD, Quality, Operations, Engineering, Sourcing, Logistics) to collaborate and ensure innovation and successful commercialization of projects.
What you can expect to do in this role and at Rockline:
- Innovate and develop, with existing chemical and formulation suppliers and upstream developers, new and improved hard surface care, household cleaning and disinfectant wet wipes that align and meet business objectives.
- Plan and direct project activities, trials, and discussions with raw material suppliers
- Internal project updates & discussions with QA, Operations, Category Product Management as well as managing project timelines and expectations
- Perform converting process validations
- Create & edit raw material specifications
- We are all busy-inside and outside the office, sometimes self-induced! You can count on a positive work-life balance.
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest global producers of consumer products, one that continues to expand due to reinvesting earnings in continuous improvement.
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness, including a 100% invested 401k (with no waiting period!), educational assistance, wellness programs & community outreach opportunities.
- We don’t just love our associates – we love our planet. Rockline is one of the first wet wipe converters to supply a forestry certified wipe product converted in the US.
- We’ve got values. You’ve got them too. We actively seek out associates who can demonstrate commitment to Rockline’s values of Renew, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence – both inside the office and in their interactions with customers and coworkers.
What is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline required.
- 10 years experience in hard surface care, household cleaning and/or disinfecting products development area.Experience should include exposure to product development, R&D, operations and/or engineering.
- Understanding of US and State EPA regulations is highly desired.
- Must have the desire and ability to work independently.
- Travel of up to 25% will be required, including international travel.
About Rockline: Founded in 1976, Rockline is an award winning, family owned and privately held company who partners with recognized companies in the healthcare industry and professional markets. Rockline helps make busy lives a little easier! From coffee filters to a wide variety of wet wipe products, you will find our quality products in all retail channels, hospitals, restaurants, and offices throughout the world. We have manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin; New Jersey; Arkansas; Redditch, England; and South China.
Consider a journey with Rockline that will energize your career in a casual, entrepreneurial environment and build a better future for you! It's your turn to be inspired!
Sheboygan, WI 53082