Assistant Professor, Physical Chemistry
Recruitment Number: F1711
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins December 1. 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The Chemistry Department at Western Oregon University invites applicants for a tenure-track position in Physical Chemistry. This is a full-time, 9-month position with summer session employment opportunities available, if desired. Candidates with a background in nuclear chemistry and inorganic chemistry are encouraged to apply. Primary teaching responsibilities include courses in physical chemistry, inorganic and general chemistry along with other program supportive offerings. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a research program involving undergraduates.
- Ph.D in Physical Chemistry, or a closely related field. ABD will be considered, but the position requires completion of all doctoral requirements by September 17, 2018.
- At least one (1) academic year of postdoctoral research
- At least one (1) full-time academic year of college/university level teaching which may include online teaching
- Ability to use technologies for teaching and learning
Start Date: September 17, 2018
Contact Information: Questions regarding this position may be directed to Patricia Flatt, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-838-8644
For questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or email@example.com.
Application Process: You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/facultyapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- A WOU Faculty Application Form available at www.wou.edu/facultyapp
- Letter of interest that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
- Current curriculum vita
- Statement of teaching philosophy including innovative teaching strategies
- Contact information for three references. Three letters of recommendation may be required at a later date.
- Copy of unofficial transcripts for highest degree
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
F1711 Asst. Professor, Physical Chemistry
Western Oregon University
Human Resources Office
345 N. Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361
-OR- E-mail as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org -OR- Fax to 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University (WOU) www.wou.edu is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the Monmouth-Independence area, the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The University serves a large number of first-generation college students. WOU has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. In 2014 Western Oregon University was ranked highest in the Pacific Northwest and 85th in the nation for economic value and employability of its graduates, by Educate to Career, Inc. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. The university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 5200 undergraduate and 400 graduate students enjoys the vibrant and close-knit intellectual community of a leading liberal arts college.
Western Oregon University is an EO/AA/Veteran/Disability employer
committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
More jobs like this
- $50,000 - $59,999 Full time Teaching-Undergraduate Education jobs in Monmouth
- $50,000 - $59,999 Full time Teaching-Undergraduate Inorganic jobs in Monmouth
- $50,000 - $59,999 Full time Teaching-Undergraduate Nuclear / Radiochemical jobs in Monmouth
- $50,000 - $59,999 Full time Teaching-Undergraduate Physical jobs in Monmouth