Dean of the College of Engineering
The University of Kentucky is seeking a dynamic leader to propel the College of Engineering to the next level of excellence. Leading with passion and creativity, this new Dean will cultivate innovation in education and research to build upon our extensive growth. Partnering with college and university leadership, the Dean will formulate and implement strategies to promote cutting-edge research that will contribute to a global society and will prepare our students to be thriving engineers who are sought after by the world's top organizations.
The Dean's primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead faculty and staff to develop and cultivate elite academic and research programs that yield exceptional outcomes.
- Encourage and facilitate expansion of internationally recognized research across multiple disciplines.
- Foster a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives to attract, recruit, and retain top faculty, staff, and students.
- Strengthen relationships with alumni and other strategic external partners to support the College's research, scholarly, educational, service, and fundraising goals.
- Identify and partner with leading organizations to promote growth for the field and employment opportunities for students.
Supported by 155 faculty and 158 staff members, enrollment at the College of Engineering has experienced an 83 percent growth over the last 10 years, bringing the enrollment to nearly 4,000 students. This diverse student population allows for a rich and broad educational experience. The College of Engineering is one of a handful in the country to offer a First-Year Engineering Program, which immerses students in the engineering curriculum from day one. To embrace continued growth and champion student success, the College recently opened a $3.5 million Center for Student Success that is changing the way engineering students learn. The College consists of eight academic departments including an extension campus, as well as 10 research institutes and centers that promote multidisciplinary research within the College and with other colleges across the University. As enrollment continues to rise, the next Dean will take over a highly respected college with the challenges and opportunities that come with growth.
Located in the vibrant city of Lexington, the University of Kentucky is a public, land-grant institution that plays a critical leadership role in promoting diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being. The campus is home to approximately 30,000 students, 2,400 faculty, and 13,000 staff. The university is uniquely positioned, with a major academic health center and a full spectrum of academic colleges and professional schools on one campus. As such, UK is an incubator for multidisciplinary research. These collaborations allow researchers to address the rapidly changing needs of a global society.
Apply for the position online at http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/165292. Application review will begin in mid-December and will continue until the position is filled. For more information about the position, please contact Mary Beth Bracken at 859-257-3348 or via email at email@example.com.
The University of Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity University that values diversity and inclusion. Individuals with disabilities; minorities; veterans; women; and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.