Science, Regulation & Policy Role
We are seeking to fill a Science, Regulation & Policy position for our team! Based in the Washington, D.C. office, this role is for the international pharmaceutical consortia practice group.
In accordance with the firm’s Client Service Initiatives, the person in this role must display good judgment and effective interpersonal communications. Confidentiality and discretion are required consistently.
- Conduct research, analysis and writing related to pharmaceutical science and regulation with a focus on collaborative efforts within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Prepare for and facilitate discussions within biopharmaceutical industry groups and committees, as well as with external organizations, such as government agencies, standard setting bodies, healthcare providers, patient advocacy groups, academicians, trade groups, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct technical work as needed to advance the mission of collaborative initiatives. This may include facilitating data and information sharing, writing technical papers and regulatory submissions.
- Develop close working relationships in small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary team of lawyers, policy analysts, project managers and senior scientists.
- Establish and maintain contact with clients and government officials in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple short- and long-term projects, including technical projects that require planning, forecasting, and risk identification and management
- Must have creativity, initiative, good judgment, and excellent writing and speaking skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to acquire new expertise and skills quickly, e.g., on emerging science and technology topics.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and gain respect at all levels both within and outside the firm
- Ability to work with detailed information accurately and efficiently while maintaining confidentiality
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, service-centered and team-oriented environment
- Unbiased judgment, sound discretion and openness to the views of others
- Ability to interact with people in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
- Able to quickly grasp the goals, service, culture and strategy of both the department and the firm overall
- Proficiency with data analytics and data sharing
- Must conduct him/herself professionally in appearance and actions; must set a positive example for all personnel and support a collegial and collaborative work environment
- Adhere to and serves as a role model for the firm's Client Service Standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in the natural or physical sciences is required
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese highly desired, but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package, including (but not limited to) medical and dental coverage (PPO/HD), vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacation, holiday and sick days, wellness programs and more.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume for consideration.