AMPAC Fine Chemicals is a contract manufacturing company focused on the development and manufacture of pharmaceutical compounds. We are looking for scientists to be part of a team that is developing cost effective solutions for our Pharmaceutical partners. Our staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. This position is in the R&D department and is responsible for production support and process development of pharmaceutical ingredients:
- Develops scalable manufacturing processes in an cGMP environment
- Conducts experiments to optimize processes for commercial manufacture
- Meets with groups internally and externally for project meetings and prepares data for presentation
- Effectively participates in Process R&D team meetings
- Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the company pipeline
- Thinks critically and creatively and is able to work independently and in interdisciplinary groups
- Ability to resolve problems and has strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills
Education & Experience
- BS or MS degree with or without industry experience.
Special Work Conditions
Work place may include areas where a wide variety of chemical materials are used and stored. May involve potential exposure to variable noise levels. Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment. May need to work outside of normal office hours.