Process R&D Engineer
- Support the development of continuous processes for fine chemical manufacturing
- Design and set-up equipment for supporting experimental work to generate data for
modelling of unit operation for chemical processes.
- Interface with suppliers to define and provide equipment specifications
- Ability to read and generate technical drawing for manufacturing or modification of equipment
- Development of human/machine interface via PLC programming for
- Automatization and better process control and safety
- Survey of new technologies
- Interface with PR&D Organic chemists and Production Process engineers to help
- Transferring processes from the lab to the plant
- Evaluation of processes and Quotation for customers
- Writing procedures and batch records (quality documents)
- May involve traveling
- Chemical Engineer or Chemist with a focus on continuous processing and separation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Organic chemistry.
- Knowledge in computer programming for equipment control and regulation (automation, PLC, data acquisition).
- Knowledge of chromatographic processes will be a plus.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience in process R&D will be a plus (but not necessary)
- Good communication skills (Oral and written)
- Interdisciplinary skills (Mechanical, Electrical, Quality, Safety, Chemistry)
- Capable of handling several projects at a time with a lead role
- Organized and safety conscious
- Curious and creative