Description of Job: Plan, develop and execute various analytical methods and studies to support identification, development and registration of new active ingredients as well as improvements and new applications of current products.
• Develop analytical methods for new active ingredients, formulations and impurities
• Hands on laboratory analysis and analysis and interpretation of data
• Troubleshoot assays, analytical methodology and instruments, including minor/routine maintenance
• Ensure completion of analysis of samples from multiple customers within Valent BioSciences and sister organizations in a timely manner; conduct data analysis, prepare and submit reports with conclusions and recommendations
• Maintain and archive laboratory documents including electronic notebooks, SOPs
• Carry out studies under USEPA GLP guidelines as required, acting as Study Director or Principal Investigator
• Maintain the laboratory in all aspects (equipment, supplies, glassware, safety procedures, etc.)
• Work independently and with interdisciplinary research teams
• Track record of analytical method development and validation
• Chemical analysis and structure elucidation
• Development and performance of residue methods is a plus
• Experience with various NMR techniques also useful
• A minimum of five years of hands-on experience working with HPLC and GC with mass spectrometry detectors.
Education: Typically a PhD, or equivalent in Chemistry, with 4 or more years of related experience, or Master’s degree with 10 or more years’ experience.
Valent BioSciences, LLC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Apply for Analytical Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly