Chemist – Product Development
KaloCyte is seeking a synthetic chemist with experience in nanoparticle fabrication who can work independently and strategize with the Product Development Team. The individual will be tasked with polymer synthesis and nanoparticle fabrication of ErythroMer, a red blood cell substitute. For the first six months, the individual will train with a co-founder at the University of Illinois Urbana – Champaign. In the Spring of 2018, the individual will be expected to transfer nanoparticle fabrication to the KaloCyte Laboratory in St. Louis, MO. The chemist will be responsible for scaling manufacturing of ErythroMer to meet high levels of fabrication output necessary for larger animal studies while spearheading documentation of key manufacturing conditions as scale-up occurs. As the design and manufacturing of ErythroMer is optimized, the individual will contribute to KaloCyte’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Extensive education and experience in polymer synthetic chemistry techniques and nanoparticle fabrication utilizing self-assembly and microfluidization processes (3-5 years post-doctoral work)
- Understanding of process manufacturing and scale-up of production capabilities
- Ability to document fabrication processes and release testing and communicate to the rest of the team, with attention to regulatory requirements for CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Control)
- Versatility to transfer knowledge and process from Champaign, IL to St. Louis, MO
- Ability to collaborate with Product Development team and Director of Operations
About KaloCyte, Inc.
KaloCyte, Inc was established in early 2016 to develop ErythroMer, a red blood cell substitute. KaloCyte is supported by a $2M Fast Track Phase I/II STTR from the National Heart Blood and Lung Institute and a $3M grant through the Congressionally-Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) from the United States Department of Defense. The company currently has one full time employee, one consultant, and one intern supplemented by significant support from co-founders (School of Medicine and Bioengineering Faculty at Washington University in St Louis and the University of Illinios at Urbana-Champaign). KaloCyte offers a dynamic and exciting working environment that continues to evolve with each additional team member.
Please email a Resume and a Cover Letter briefly describing your experience with nanoparticle fabrication and interest
More searches like this
- Biochemical Quality Control / Analysis Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Biotechnical Quality Control / Analysis Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Medicinal / Clinical Quality Control / Analysis Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Nanotechnology Quality Control / Analysis Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Organic Quality Control / Analysis Full time $70,000 - $79,999 jobs in Saint Louis