Effectively manages research projects in regards to Analytical methodology and testing. Interfaces closely with the Quality organization in validating and harmonizing analytical methods between the two groups. Explores and conducts research in relevant technologies and leverages new methodologies to support innovation and point of difference for the brands that have strategic significance.
- Develop rigorous analytical methods and manages multiple analyses and investigations to advance corrective and preventative actions in order to minimize errors and maximize productivity.
- Deliver on Pharmavite innovation and renovation pipeline projects by providing strong analytical testing and forensic support. Assures assay results are accurate and reliable, meeting standardized turn-around times and throughput.
- Works as part of a team across various functions within the organization and with outside laboratories to meet project milestones.
- Develop, validate, verify and transfer analytical methods for the testing of finished products and raw materials. To effectively collaborate with Quality Control and/or outside laboratories to ensure appropriate method validation and transfer.
- Effectively navigates through complex technical challenges and is capable of troubleshooting issues and providing workable solutions.
- Identifies and leverages new analytical technologies to drive innovation and method improvements.
- Develops partnerships with vendors, consultants and educators in order to leverage emerging and enabling technologies and to assess their feasibility and application.
- Drives internal continuous process improvement.
- Reviews and approves stability protocols. Works effectively with R&D Formulation and Packaging Engineering to monitor, evaluate, summarize and interpret results of stability studies.
- Provides strong technical leadership to Marketing, Quality, Scientific Affairs and other cross-functional disciplines.
- Communicates and leads effectively as a subject matter expert (SME) in project teams to solve complex problems and to accomplish NPD (new product development) goals. Coaches, develops and mentors Analytical staff. Encourages and initiates action plans for development.
- Prepares and updates technical documents including, but not limited to, stability reports, SOPs and standard methods.
- Establishes reputation as an internal authority on analytical methods and extraction techniques.
Requires a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacy or Food Science, Chemical Engineering or other relevant science degree.
A PhD or Master degree is preferred.
Bachelor's degree requires a minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in Analytics as pertaining to product development in Food, Confectionary, or Nutraceutical industries.
Master's degree preferred, with a minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience in Analytics as pertaining to product development in Food, Confectionary, or Nutraceutical industries.
PhD degree preferred, with a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in Analytics as pertaining to product development in Food, Confectionary or Nutraceutical industries.
- Knowledge of chemical analysis and laboratory instrumentation such as Liquid Chromatography (HPLC and UPLC), Inductivity Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES and ICP-MS), Gas Chromatography (GC), Mass Spectrometry (MS), Ion Chromatography (IC) and dissolution. Familiarity with Fourier Transformed Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise with analytical instrumentation and procedures, method validation, extraction techniques and analytical forensics. Strong ability to troubleshoot methods and instrumentation.
- Ability to leverage theoretical principles and Scientific literature to develop and improve upon analytical methods to proficiently analyze products in complex matrices.
- Proficiency in problem solving and bringing simplicity and clarity to complex technical issues.
- Solid teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with cross-functional teams and within R&D.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, effectively train, and coach R&D staff.
- Competency in GLP, GMP, Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) and USP requirements. Familiarity with PLM (Product Life Cycle) is preferred.
- Ability to critically and statistically analyze data and provide sound recommendations.
Lab, manufacturing and general office environment, ability to stand and sit for long periods of time. Able to set up and operate various equipment and instruments.
Moderate exposure to disagreeable elements.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
May have junior Chemists and/or temps to supervise
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. F/M/Disability/Vet
Visit our Product Web Sites: