Senior Research Associate/Team Leader
Brewer Science, Inc., a major innovator of high-technology solutions for the semiconductor / microelectronics markets is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic candidate to fill an open position as a Senior Research Associate/ Team Leader in Rolla Missouri.
Acts as the technical lead for research and development products. Designs and conducts laboratory experiments, analyses, and processes to develop new product offerings.
- Independently leads all aspects of research and development projects, and also leads the transfer through the Brewer Product Development process
- Serves as project lead, with guidance from management to drive project management tasks including planning and meeting project deadlines
- Guides subordinates to complete tasks
- Presents to customers and at industry forums
- Documents work and initiates the submission of new intellectual property, and provides help with IP maintenance
- Keeps up to date on current development needs and looks for alternative approaches to problems
- Improves and teaches lab procedures
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor, team members, and with cross-functional teams
- Provides in-depth data analysis summary for new material testing and product problem solving needs
- Helps set safety and housekeeping standards and monitors how they are practiced in daily activities
- Keeps up-to-date on best laboratory notebook practices and helps to improve and implement the process
Project planning and management:
- Must gain in-depth knowledge of customer needs and applications and is capable of translating these needs into innovative technical directions for R&D to pursue.
- Assist division with technology planning. Act as project manager with full responsibilities for planning and tracking. May include supervision of multiple projects.
- Guide R&D staff in technical matters to assure project and division success.
- Supervise and evaluate team members and junior staff working on the same project(s).
- Effectively utilizes guiding principals to project management such as SMART when defining project vision, objectives, and tasks: Specific, Measurable, Achievable,
- Address both the important technological and economic requirements for achieving program success.
Credentials and Education
Master’s Degree plus 3 years’ experience in water based sensors or sensor materials development or
Equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- PhD Preferred with emphasis on water sensing development or
Application Process: To apply for this position, please complete the online application. This position is open until filled, screening will begin immediately Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Veterans