Santa Rosa Junior College
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 12/21/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: 02/09/18
Salary: $64,971.00 - $89,833.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: SRJC Santa Rosa Campus: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, California
Department: Chemistry & Physics
FILING DEADLINE: Friday, February 9, 2018
It is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that ALL required materials are submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the filing deadline to be given consideration.
TENTATIVE RECRUITMENT SCHEDULE
• February 9th: Application filing deadline
• February 16th: Applications ready for committee review
• March 2nd: Candidate selection meeting
• Week of March 26-30: Committee Interviews
• April 2-6: Semi-finalist & Finalist Interview(s)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Salary Range: $64,971 -$89,833 (2017/18 Faculty Salary Schedule); teaching experience, other related professional experience, and academic degrees determine salary placement on a schedule that is competitive with other California Community Colleges
• Fringe benefits: The District offers a competitive benefit package which includes health & welfare (medical/dental/vision/life/long-term disability) benefits for employees and eligible dependents
• Housing Assistance: Reduced fees for mortgage loans and real estate services may be available to the candidate selected for this position (contact Human Resources for more information).
Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking an individual with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and instructional administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This is a full-time, regular contract position in the Chemistry and Physics Department at Santa Rosa Junior College, beginning Fall Semester, August 2018. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
The Department of Chemistry & Physics at Santa Rosa Junior College is currently staffed by 11 full-time and several adjunct instructors, all of whom have great enthusiasm for teaching. The department has a Coordinator of Science Labs, Science Laboratory Instructional Assistants and administrative support. High educational standards are maintained and primary emphasis is placed on quality undergraduate instruction. High standards for environmental health and safety are diligently maintained. Together we offer day, evening, and weekend classes at the Santa Rosa and Petaluma campuses.
The Chemistry Program takes pride in well-maintained and equipped laboratories that include computerized data acquisition stations in addition to the typical laboratory equipment. Instruments regularly used by students include a GC/MS, NMR, FTIR, Fast Sequential AA, gas chromatographs and a set of UV-VIS spectrometers. Laboratory staff ensure that reagents, supplies and equipment are available for all experiments.
Examples of Duties:
SRJC offers courses at two campuses, located in Santa Rosa and Petaluma, as well as multiple satellite locations within the district, including on-line. While this assignment is for the Santa Rosa campus, please note the district reserves the right of assignment to any location, and that assignments could involve any combination of day or evening classes with weekly office hours being mandatory. Instructors assume responsibility for maintaining currency in the field, for updating existing courses and developing new curricula (including courses that serve community needs, such as short, non-credit, or online courses), assisting in the assessment of student learning outcomes, participating in department activities and other college service such as committee work, managing laboratories, and participating in community outreach on behalf of the college.
Required for Chemistry:
Master's Degree in Chemistry; OR Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry AND Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics, Molecular Biology, or Geochemistry; OR possession of a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Chemistry; OR the equivalent.
Requires a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Advanced degree in chemistry, with an emphasis in organic chemistry
• Experience with current laboratory instrumentation
• Commitment to teaching at a community college
• Commitment to departmental and college-wide collaboration
• Recent experience in teaching rigorous lecture and laboratory courses comparable to those offered at Santa Rosa Junior College
In order to be given consideration for this position, applicants must submit the following documents by the filing deadline:
• A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. Please note that contact information is required for a minimum of three professional references.
• If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated, including if you are in the final semester of a required degree program, you must complete and attach the Equivalency Application and supporting documents to your Employment Application https://hr.santarosa.edu/sites/hr.santarosa.edu/files/FacEquivApp.pdf. Information on SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at http://www.boarddocs.com/ca/santarosa/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=A6CPHP6240A2.
• A cover letter explaining your interest in the position (specifically, your reasons for wanting to be a part of the Chemistry & Physics Department at Santa Rosa Junior College), including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Position Description" section of this announcement.
• Current Resume.
• A list of relevant courses taught in chronological order. Provide institution, term, course title, and your role (e.g., instructor of record or teaching assistant).
• Transcripts of all college level course work, including confirmation of degrees (unofficial copies acceptable (both sides), but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring). If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
• If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
Following the priority filing deadline, applications which are complete for screening will be reviewed by a screening committee. Approximately 2-3 weeks later, Human Resources will notify you whether or not you have been selected for interview. Those applicants most suitably qualified for the position/pool will be invited to interview with a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the Administration, the Classified Staff, the Associated Students, and the Board of Trustees.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
https://www.santarosa.edu/about-srjc/ (click here)
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
FAX: (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
• In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Must be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
• Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can read or obtain a full copy of this report by going to https://police.santarosa.edu/. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by coming to the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non-discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities--including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1146896
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.