Lead Synthetic Organic Chemist
Obiter Research is a rapidly growing, privately owned chemical research and manufacturing company located in the Midwest. We are adding to staff and are in search for an experienced Lead Synthetic Organic Chemist. The position has two major components. 1.) Performance of multi step organic chemistry reactions from mg to multi kilogram scale. 2.) Interaction with customers and potential customers defining their needs, wants and desires developing a course of action and the preparation of quotes.
The individual must have a Doctorate (PhD) from a College or University or equivalent; or 5 to 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have a proven track record of mechanical skills with good problem solving, communication and administrative capabilities. Must be able to balance multiple projects and deliver results.
All employees are expected to be available at least during normal business hours; from 8 AM to 5 PM or as necessary to complete project goals and customer deadlines. Position requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision to obtain quality results. General responsibilities include maintaining a safe work place with a strong understanding and commitment to safe lab practice and to positively collaborate with fellow chemists. Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Set up and perform multiple laboratory chemical reactions and formulate experiments
- Maintain accurate record keeping, chemistry procedures and safety standards including notebook entries
- Use of equipment for reactions, distilling, re-crystallizations, and centrifuging
- Appropriate use and technique using NMR, HPLC, MS, GC
- Provide accurate progress reports on project status to Project Manager
- Active participation in assigned company committees providing expertise and knowledge.
- Take initiative in planning and implementing improvements consistent with the long term goals of the company
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products Chemdraw, Scifinder and Analytical Systems Software
- Take initiative to over come emerging issues with Executive Management to enhance efficiencies in work flow and quality
- Ability to think strategically, collaborate with piers and interact with management staff.
- Method acquisition from literature, method development, and method verification.
- Interact with potential customers suggesting routes and alternatives to proposed reactions
- Prepare and issue quotes (RFQs) to perspective customers
- Risk Assessment /Job Analysis
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, customers, and the general public.
- Search out and place purchase orders for intermediates, solvents and chemical supplies.
- Research objectives as defined by customer including specifications, quantity and time frame
Apply for Lead Synthetic Organic Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly