Senior Scientist/Principal Investigator - Chemistry
The Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI) is a Seattle-based non-profit research organization committed to developing products to prevent, detect and treat infectious diseases. IDRI translates basic research to develop vaccines, diagnostics and drugs for applications in global health. We focus on antigen discovery and development, adjuvant formulation and delivery, therapeutic molecule discovery and development, and biomarker discovery for diagnostics. IDRI’s leadership in the global health community extends to international alliances and partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, research institutes, governments, and public health organizations.
The TB Discovery Research group at IDRI is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist/Principal Investigator in Chemistry. The candidate will report to the Senior Vice President of Drug Discovery. The candidate will oversee the currently funded chemistry group within the drug discovery team. In addition, they will be expected to bring in external funding to expand activities in this area. Exceptional candidates may be hired at the Director level.
- Oversee the chemistry program and staff, work with management team on strategy, business plan and operations.
- Develop scientific strategy to support the key goals of the organization, continued organizational growth and stability, and best scientific practices.
- Engage directly in scientific research and development, including reviewing study reports, protocol, lab work, and clinical and regulatory documents.
- Ensure commitments to current funders are achieved.
- Expand funding base by regular submission of grants and contracts to external agencies.
- Consistently publish high-quality scientific articles as first or senior author
- Provide scientific leadership and vision to IDRI.
- Communicate effectively with all research groups to achieve high-level program goals.
- Advise senior management on research progress/direction.
- Direct professional and personal development of scientific staff members at all levels.
- World-class experience in drug discovery and/or development.
- PhD in relevant area.
- Wide ranging and in –depth knowledge of field and multiple topic areas; familiarity with other fields.
- Minimum of ten years relevant experience including supervisory experience.
- Experience in preparing, implementing, managing, and analyzing scientific data
- Experience writing original scientific documents and grants
- Outstanding scientific, interpersonal, public speaking and communication skills.
- Strong results-driven approach
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and integrity.
Please direct informal enquiries to Prof. Tanya Parish, SVP, Drug Discovery at email@example.com
IDRI offers a comprehensive compensation plan which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and EAP. In addition, IDRI offers Flexible Spending Accounts, a matching ROTH 401K Retirement Plan and Commuter benefits.
This summary describes a portion of the essential functions/responsibilities of this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all job duties. Management reserves the right to modify the duties of this position as necessary.
Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IDRI is an E-Verify Employer