Job Title: Chemistry Lecturer
Location: Brockport, NY
Field of Specialization and Work Function: Education and Teaching Undergraduate
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Description: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The State University of New York provides an excellent benefit package. For more information on benefits for full-time UUP faculty, visit: http://www.suny.edu/benefits/
Job Description and Summary:
Lecturer position with focus on teaching of Chemistry for the Health Professions at The College at Brockport, State University of New York, a primarily undergraduate institution (PUI). The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry graduates about 15 majors annually with a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, and has an ACS-approved program. Student success is our primary goal in educating our majors and preparing them for professional careers. Our Department invites applications for a lecturer position. The main responsibility in the spring semester will be the instruction of Chemistry for the Health Professions (lecture, lab, and lab coordination and preparation). The fall semester teaching assignments would be either all laboratory instruction, or a mixture of lecture or laboratory, based on instructional needs and lecturer's expertise. Candidates must have at least a masters degree in chemistry or a closely related discipline.
Lecturer teaching loads at The College are 12 contact hours per semester with some additional service/administrative responsibilities. The position begins August 2018.
- During the fall semester, teach 12 contact hours of lecture or lab commensurate with instructional needs and lecturer's expertise. (45%)
- During the spring semester, teach Chemistry for the Health Professions (CHM 260) lecture and several two-hour lab sections, and coordinate and prep the laboratory component of the course. (45%)
- Participate in departmental and campus service. (10%)
- Masters degree in chemistry or closely related field from a US Dept of Education or internationally recognized institution
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work collaboratively and sensitively with people of varying races, genders, disabilities, origins and other cultural differences.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- PhD in chemistry or closely related field from a US Dept of Education or an internationally recognized institution
- Experience as the instructor of record in a college level course.
- Teaching or other professional experience relevant to teaching Chemistry for the Health Professions.
Please visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your CV, cover letter, contact information of at least three professional references, and teaching philosophy statement. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by 2/09/18. For information on the Brockport Chemistry and Biochemistry Department visit www.brockport.edu/chemistry. Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit http://careers.pageuppeople.com/788/cw/en-us/job/493799/chemistry-lecturer