Senior R&D Professional, Materials Analysis Laboratory
Support manufacturing operations and research with reliable routine and non-routine analyses using advanced inorganic chemical, microstructural, and mechanical tools. Develop, validate, and document new analytical procedures in accordance with 6 Sigma and ISO 9001 requirements. Candidate must take personal ownership of manufacturing in-process measurements and actively contribute to method development. This will include:
- Develop new test and analytical methods to meet existing business and new product requirements.
- Contribute to new product development and customer support programs with engineering and sales teams.
- Maintain equipment procedures and calibration database meeting ISO requirements.
- Support manufacturing production with contaminant, particle size, surface area, and shape analyses. Prepare samples, calibrate, operate ICP, SEM, PSD, BET, XRD, and XRF equipment.
- Lead delivery improvement for routine analyses by scheduling and cycle time reduction.
- Prepare samples, analyze microstructures, measure mechanical properties of polycrystalline diamond and cubic boron nitride materials supporting product and process development.
- Lead analytical hygiene audits, develop reports and improvement plans.
- MS in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline with 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial environment. An experienced candidate with 10+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial environment and a BS degree may be considered.
- Experience with materials testing and analysis with a focus on industrial research and development is desired.
- Demonstrated analytical laboratory skills with a history of quick learning, technique development and accountability.
- Energetic contributor to cross-functional teams demonstrating expertise through strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills for automated data collection, office tools, and math skills for data reduction.
- A strong safety focus demonstrated in actions and safety record.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and deliver on multiple projects.