Curriculum & Training Developer - Chemistry
PASCO scientific is a world leader in 21st Century technology solutions for science education. Our products are coveted by science teachers around the world for their quality and ease of use in the classroom. Located in Roseville, CA we have been serving science educators for over 50 years. Please join us to make a difference in science education.
Position Summary The Curriculum and Training Developer (CTD) designs, develops and writes standards-based curriculum and investigations for middle, high school and college-level science. The CTD creates and delivers training and professional development to educators who use PASCO’s curriculum, software and hardware in their science classes.
Curriculum Design and Development (80%)
- Apply pedagogical and instructional design principles to authoring science curriculum and investigations for print and online formats.
- Conduct needs analysis, prepare clear learning objectives for the Chemistry curriculum, and transform complex science concepts into engaging, and effective interactive instructional activities.
- QA science activities. Ensure that all information is accurate, consistent, easy to understand, and well organized.
- Work with a sense of urgency, efficiency and determination to meet content development publication deadlines.
- Maintain expertise in science education markets, including pedagogical approaches, competition, and opportunities.
Training and Professional Development (20%)
- Design, plan and deliver workshops and training sessions in a classroom setting and webinar format.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of ongoing professional development based on educational research.
- Present complex and newly-developed investigations. Conduct lab demonstrations.
- Encourage and support the development and implementation of innovative, effective instructional programs based on an inquiry approach to learning science.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to move at a fast pace yet flexible when a change of course is necessary.
- A self-starter who is able to collaborate with a team. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comfort and confidence in delivering workshops and presentations for web-based and on-site participants.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, writing, communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and demonstrate thoroughness in work.
- Complete assigned project tasks on time and in quality fashion, with the ability to recognize implications of projects on a similar deadline, and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Able to research and generate ideas about unfamiliar science topics.
- Technically proficient and ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Chemistry Education or related field.
- Any combination of 3-5 years of experience in teaching chemistry, developing science or STEM curriculum or delivering professional development.
- Valid passport.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
- Use of probeware and data collection software in the classroom to teach science.
- Experience teaching chemistry with the Advanced Placement® and/or in the International Baccalaureate® program.
- Experience writing STEM curriculum.
- Familiarity with HTML5.
PASCO scientific's employment procedures require successful completion of a post-offer physical (including drug screen), reference checks and a background check (including Social Security #, education, DMV and county criminal records).
PASCO scientific is an EO employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled