Associate Scientist I/II – Purification and Conjugation Development, Process Sciences
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica®, Venclexta™, and Empliciti™ — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position will be based at Stemcentrx, AbbVie's South San Francisco, CA location.
Abbvie Stemcentrx is embracing new paradigms and technologies to develop novel and life-changing therapies for cancer. As part of a talented and multi-disciplinary team advancing an exciting novel approach to drug development, the successful applicant will assume a number of responsibilities related to the development of antibody drug conjugation (ADC) processes to support early research activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities would include:
* Develop robust scale-able conjugation methods for novel antibody and linker drugs to support early research needs.
* Collaborate with other research groups to plan for and deliver high quality test articles to support in-vitro/vivo efficacy and safety studies.
* Support the development of in-process analytics of monoclonal antibodies and ADCs
* Contribute to the development, execution and technology transfer of conjugation processes to other internal and external groups
* BS or MS in Biology/Chemistry or related discipline with at least 1-3 years of industry experience supporting ADC projects in early research
* Hands-on experience with standard conjugation techniques for antibodies and peptides is preferred
* Working knowledge of basic analytical procedures such as SDS-PAGE, Bradford, HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry.
* Experience with high throughput TECAN robotic systems and associated software is preferred
* Organized and disciplined record keeping
* Excellent communication and technical writing skills
* Ability to work effectively with others in a dynamic environment
* Ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines