Environmental Laboratory GC/MS Chemist
A career opportunity is currently available for a Analytical/Managerial Chemist with extensive Laboratory Technical skills and experience in the operation of GC, GC/MS and LC/MS systems. Candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience operating GC/MS instrumentation in an environmental laboratory or similar field. This position is highly interactive with Client Services and Quality Assurance Departments as well as the sample extraction and analytical laboratory. The candidate should also be familiar with a Laboratory Information Management System and a Microsoft Access database interface.
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Analyze environmental samples according to standard operating procedures (SOP s) based on EPA methods.
- Review results in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Monitor preparation of standards and reagents.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and instrumentation.
- Promote teamwork with extraction and analytical staff.
- Review data from other analysts when needed.
- Identification and interpretation of mass spectra.
- Assisting your analytical Team in determining sources of problems (Corrective Action Reports) and implementing corrective actions to resolve those issues.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and strictly adhere to written instructions, methodologies, procedures, protocols, and policies.
- Keep track of and order supplies for your work in a timely fashion.
- Complete general laboratory paperwork in laboratory logbooks, maintenance books, standard books, and bench sheets, LIMS etc.
- Recommend process improvements to improve department efficiencies.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and organized.
- Dispose of samples and waste products by according to SOP
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS:
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in operating and maintaining GC/MS instrumentation consistent with trace level environmental methods.
- Ideally have previous experience working on Department of Defense and EPA Level Level 4 data packages.
- Excellent working knowledge of laboratory methods for organic parameters and knowledge of preparation methods, specifically EPA Methods 625/8270.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Working knowledge of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently and thoughtfully in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
STAT provides competitive salary based according to experience and leadership. STAT provides full benefits to its staff including paid sick leave, holiday, and vacation. STAT provides and contributes to medical and dental insurance and an optional simple IRA.
More searches like this
- Analytical Management-Laboratory Full time jobs in Chicago
- Biological Management-Laboratory Full time jobs in Chicago
- Environmental Management-Laboratory Full time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Safety Management-Laboratory Full time jobs in Chicago
- Microbiological Management-Laboratory Full time jobs in Chicago