Research & Development Scientist
Boulder Scientific Company seeks a Ph.D. Scientist for chemical process development from R&D through Pilot Plant and Production. The desired candidate will exhibit a solid foundation in the practice of synthetic chemistry, including carbon-carbon and carbon-nitrogen bond forming reactions, good communication and organizational skills, a track record of collaboration to achieve common goals, and strong technical leadership from the bench for the development and implementation of safe, efficient chemical processes.
- Perform multi-step syntheses of organic and organometallic compounds from 100 mL to 12 L scale.
- Lead technical aspect of development for new products from gram scale to Pilot and Production scale.
- Optimize chemical processes for yield, throughput and cost.
- Use a combination of literature and experimentation to identify viable synthetic routes to target molecules.
- Support and troubleshoot processes in Pilot plant and Production.
- Efficiently plan and execute experiments to realize progress on responsibilities listed above.
- Summarize results, write technical reports and effectively present information to stakeholders.
A Ph.D. in chemistry with a strong background in organic/organometallic synthesis. Preference will be given to those with relevant industrial experience.
About Boulder Scientific Company
Boulder Scientific Company (BSC) is a specialty chemical manufacturer, internationally recognized as a leader in the field of organometallic and metallocene compounds with strong market position in polyolefin and electronic industries. We excel in developing custom and specialty products from laboratory to full scale manufacture through the innovation, expertise and commitment of our professional team. We have two locations approximately 40 miles north of Denver.
We are committed to a safe, healthy and productive work environment for all employees. All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana testing) and all employees are subject to random drug testing throughout their careers at BSC.
BSC offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance, and a comprehensive benefits package. The positions are open to candidates with current authorization to work for any employer in the United States. Sponsorship of Visas or Permanent Residency applications is not provided by the company. For consideration, submit a resume, along with salary history to: Human Resources, Boulder Scientific Company, 598 Third Street, P.O. Box 548, Mead, CO 80542, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Boulder Scientific Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.