Process Development Engineer
The Process Development Engineer II is part of a team responsible for performing research based activities in the development and scale-up of novel chemical processes from benchtop to commercial reality. Activities will include but are not limited to: design of experiment, lab scale testing, statistical analysis, computer based modeling, pilot scale equipment design/development/optimization, and technical writing to generate technical reports and complete design packages for commercial-scale production. This position will need to effectively interface with scientists, biorefinery operations and maintenance team members, PDC (POET Design and Construction), PPM (POET Plant Management) team members to insure proper commercialization of new technology.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field; Chemical Engineering, Biosystems Engineering, Agricultural & Biological Systems Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in chemical process industry, particularly as a process engineer or equivalent related industry preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within process engineering in a production plant utilizing agricultural feedstock.
- Familiarity with DCS control (Delta V) systems and historian is beneficial.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.