Sr. Project Management Engineer
We currently are seeking an innovative Senior Engineer, Project Management. This key position will be based in our Opelika, AL facility.
The role of the Senior Engineer, Project Management is to plan, execute, and finalize projects in accordance with project schedules, budgets and deliverables. He/she also acts as the subject matter expert (SME) for the engineering dept. and acts as an advisor and mentor to less experienced engineers in the dept. Additionally, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for the larger, more complex projects including but not limited to major construction activities. The senior engineer will support the master planning aspects of capital engineering and planning.
- Mentors less experienced engineers Engineering Dept.
- Advises and serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the engineering dept.
- Supports strategic master planning.
- Provides global support to Pharmavite operations.
- Manages construction projects and complex equipment projects.
- Utilizes 'Front End Loading' methodology to accurately scope and deliver projects according to project management good practices and Pharmavite procedures.
- Actively participates in negotiating contracts associated with vendors, contractors and consultants as required.
- Develops business cases for projects with minimum guidance.
- Ensures energy efficiency / sustainability is incorporated and quantified in assigned projects.
- Leads problem-solving sessions in supporting issues that may arise on projects executed by other members of the staff.
- Develops, reviews, revises, or approves Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned including but not limited to the duties associated with the execution of projects.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Utilizes Pharmavite's Project Management Process and other project management best practices.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, deliverables and presentations.
- Represents the engineering department in cross-functional, multilevel initiates.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimates the resources and team members needed to achieve project goals.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential problems, develop contingency plans, and risk assessments.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Leads and serves on cross-functional teams to delivery project scope meeting agreed to deliverables to the project stakeholders.
- Coordinates activities associated with new product introductions with Research & Development, Technical Operations and Manufacturing.
- Develops engineering proposals based on customer requirements and relevant technology. Also prepares capital appropriation requests.
- Update changes on as built drawings.
- Interfaces with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Maintains project schedules and budgets and prepares weekly/monthly project reports. Also participates in the capital planning process and the development of capital budgets.
- Manages IQ/OQ equipment testing and qualification as required. This includes factory acceptance tests (FAT) and is responsible for managing the generation and execution of protocols for commissioning, installation and operational qualification (IOQ).
- Interfaces with Indirect Procurement to develop requests for bids, reviewing bids and selecting/awarding contracts.
- Participates in programs to ensure optimum energy use and conservation for all manufacturing facilities.
Requires a four-year college or university degree in Engineering.
Registration as Licensed Professional Engineer.
PMO certification, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or other related certification is a plus. Certification as a Project Manager preferred.
Requires a minimum of eight years industry experience (preferably in pharmaceutical, nutritional, food or other consumer goods or in process industries) with three years as a project manager.
Proven record of accomplishment / experience in process equipment design and process control is required.
- A good working knowledge of process engineering and process control
- Strong problem solving capability, leveraging structure process driven approach to problem solving.
- Proven record of accomplishment in successfully completing complex capital projects.
- Ability to deputize for Manager
- Proven record of accomplishment in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management procedures.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project.
- Results oriented and able to effectively organize and develop plans; prioritize and execute actions.
- Proficient technical, analytical, statistical and organization skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- CAD experience is preferred.
Work is performed in both the manufacturing and office environments, which require the ability to sit for long periods of time and to move freely through the manufacturing and warehousing areas.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is moderate.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
None. The incumbent coordinates and supervises outside engineers, construction contractors and technical support personnel.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. F/M/Disability/Vet
Visit our Product Web Site: