Senior Science Advisor
5 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
- Perform a proactive role in identifying and helping resolve internal science policy questions to facilitate development and timely completion of human health and ecological risk evaluations for new and existing chemicals.
- Manage and coordinate complex high level projects that cut across Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT) divisions and Agency lines that are of national and international importance and serve to implement the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Serve as an authoritative liaison on health and environmental risk assessment and science policy issues for OPPT on high level Agency, inter agency and international work groups on matters of science and science policy related to human health and environmental risk evaluation.
- Meet with internal and external groups to convey the science basis (methods and policy) for proposed EPA actions.
- Provide support for testimony in legal and congressional hearings, and as necessary, serve as an expert witness in litigation/hearings to support Agency position for regulatory and enforcement actions. - Provide senior leadership and scientific expertise in interpreting and integrating the results of scientific information, including mechanistic studies, animal and non-animal data, and epidemiological information to inform decision making.
- Maintain active liaison with research organizations, including the Office of Research and Development and other agencies, industry task forces, and international organizations, on key scientific information needed for chemicals and related decision-making.
- Provide information and conducts briefings for the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP), OPPT senior managers and other high level Agency officials about human health and ecological science policy issues that will be used to inform regulatory options.