Scientist, Partner Development
We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Scientist, Partner Development. This key position will be based in our corporate offices located in Northridge, CA (So. CA).
Support execution of the functional strategy through identifying the right partners in the right areas to drive new product innovation. Lead the initial evaluation of science and technology from potential partners and work cross functionally with Nutritional Science, Product Research, Package Engineering, Regulatory, and Marketing as needed.
- Develop target areas for partner development by leveraging information from the Nutritional Science, Product Research, Science & Technology, and Marketing teams, as well as external industry groups and SAB's.
- Work with partners to identify novel combinations, dosages, uses, and delivery forms for new materials / products.
- Perform initial science review on opportunities identified and draft technology assessments to summarize and interpret findings.
- Engage SME's on the Nutritional Science, Product Research, and Package Engineering teams to progress the ideas through evaluation such that they feed the new product development process.
- Work with the Product Research and Package Engineering teams to support co-development with partners that drives the product development pipeline.
- Lead intellectual property management work for ideas stemming from partners; this includes patent applications and manuscript development for peer-reviewed publications.
- Represent novel ideas from partners in new product ideation exercises.
Requires a degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Food Science, Nutrition Science, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
Masters level education in a related scientific discipline or an MBA are preferred.
Masters degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food or related product development.
Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food or other related product development.
Must have experience analyzing clinical studies and writing technical documents.
Must have experience working on cross functional teams and examples of leading projects to successful completion through cross functional teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product development processes.
- Analytical skills that allow for critical information gathering, assessment, and exploration.
- Working knowledge of clinical trials and an ability to analyze scientific literature and technologies.
- Excellent ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and in a team based setting.
- Good knowledge of GMPs as appropriate for the products being developed.
- Must have computer literacy in the use of scheduling and planning tools, such as MS Project, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Requires some travel
Manufacturing shop floor environment and office environment
Moderate exposure to disagreeable elements.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. F/M/Disability/Vet
Visit our Product Web Site: