Astral Diagnostics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Polysciences, is a manufacturer of diagnostic stains and laboratory reagents that serves the medical market. We offer biological stains for all disciplines for use in hematology, histology/cytology, microbiology and general reagents. Astral is an entrepreneurial driven company looking for a detail-oriented individual to support our growing operations at our West Deptford, NJ (Gloucester County) location.
Astral Diagnostics is a 14-person organization that’s continuously expanding in the market and this position is part of that growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Chemist with proven product development experience from R&D to production of the finished product. This is a key role reporting to the General Manager.
• Independently conducts research and development of formulas, processes and technologies to develop new products and updates of existing products.
• Plans and leads new product development projects and the commercialization process based on project objectives and timelines.
• Responsible to develop new products from the bench to full scale production.
• Resolves technical problems affecting marketability of various products.
• Evaluate manufacturing process methods to ensure quality and cost-effective production consistent with health, safety, and environmental rules and regulations.
• Investigates costs savings from process improvements and new raw materials
• Potentially interact with customers for new product development projects to gather the objectives, product parameters, and test results to complete the development process.
• Communication of results and conclusions, written and/or verbal, summarizes new product specifications.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Advanced Degree in Chemistry
• Five years a plus working in product development, preferably in life sciences
• Experience in reverse engineering products
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Applied knowledge of engineering or chemistry with the ability to use various laboratory equipment
• Bench scale to pilot/full scale product commercialization experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management within the Company and outside customers/vendors
• Quantitative reasoning ability as well as writing, mathematical and oral presentation skills
At Astral Diagnostics, we offer benefits that can compete with larger companies. We have three healthcare plans; a comprehensive dental plan that includes orthodontia; a flexible spending account; basic and supplemental life insurance plans; short-term and long-term disability; a 401(k) with a healthy employer match; an Employee Assistance Program; auto and homeowners discounted plans; long-term care insurance at group rates; college savings plan; paid time off; a credit union; discounted tickets to the area’s activities (including Broadway shows) and half-off our bath and body products sold by our sister company.
Must live within a commutable distance to West Deptford, NJ. Must have legal authorization to work in the US and will not require sponsorship.
Astral Diagnostics and Polysciences are Equal Opportunity Employers. Drug-free workplace. Tobacco-free work site.