Scientist - Analytical
Job Summary: To create value for Kalsec® through research, development and applications activities that solve customer problems by creating, developing and applying new products, processes and technical knowledge.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Applies technical and functional knowledge to design experiments, and independently completes work within own project team, working on multiple sub-projects in parallel. Participate in departmental and company-wide project work. Supervision may provide guidance on overall goals and designs.
2. Careful records experimental observations in a laboratory notebook kept in a sufficient manner to protect Kalsec’s intellectual property rights.
3. Prepares detailed reports, with supervisor’s review, that describe research efforts, and when appropriate, presents research results to scientific conferences, customers, Kalsec® staff and/or other groups.
4. Be aware of the company’s Q.A. policy and objectives, strictly observing these policy provisions in the fulfillment of this job.
Specific Job Functions
1. Identify and implement appropriate analytical methods to meet project objectives. Modify methods appropriately with minimal guidance.
2. Develop and validate new analytical methods with minimal guidance and run assays for designated R&D or quality and process improvement projects.
3. Assist QC staff with routine analytical procedures and help repair method problems.
4. Assist other laboratory staff in R&D and QC analytical methods. To teach new methods to designated laboratory staff.
5. Maintain and service designated Analytical equipment. To obtain assistance or request a service call from instrument service representative when appropriate.
B.S. and 4 years of experience or the equivalent
At least 2 years work experience in GC and HPLC method development
Formal schooling in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering, instrumentation, mathematics and statistics, physics, biology, food nutrition and science and/or other science disciplines
Prior experience in food, beverage, nutritional industries