Assistant Professor, Industrial/Product Design
The Department of Forest Biomaterials at NC State University requests applications for a new faculty position in industrial and/or product design with a focus on the use of sustainable materials and/or technologies. The appointment will be made at the tenure-track assistant professor level.
The successful candidates will demonstrate a capacity for conducting unique creative work and research that emphasize sustainable design, pursued through technological, environmental, and economic innovation, application of universal design principles, and/or the equitable distribution of resources (natural, man-made, and cultural). Additional desirable skills and experience include (i) the ability to obtain extramural funding and relationships with industry and/or communities, and (ii) a history of entrepreneurship, especially in the advancement of innovative sustainable industrial/product design. The appointee will be expected to assume a leadership role at NCSU in developing new directions in sustainable industrial/product design.
In addition to the research/creative agenda described above, the appointee will teach in the undergraduate and graduate programs, and collaboratively participate in the activities, service, and life of the department, university, and the broader academic, professional, commercial and/or public communities. Skills to advance the university’s and department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching, and outreach with relevant programs, goals, and activities are also desired. Appointment commences Fall 2018.
- in relevant area (e.g. wood products, mechanical engineering, design).
- Relevant background to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Preferred Experience, Credentials, Qualifications, Certifications:
- 1-2 Years of teaching at the college level.
- Demonstrated experience working with industry.
- Ability to obtain externally funded research projects.
- of innovation and/or entrepreneurship.
- Capable of creating a novel research program in the use of sustainable materials and technology for product design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to design products using sustainable materials and technologies.
Candidates can apply at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/99940. Review of applications will begin April 30, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be addressed to the Chair of Search Committee, Dr. Joel Pawlak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NC State is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
More searches like this
- Education Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Raleigh
- Engineering Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Raleigh
- Environmental Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Raleigh
- Materials Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Raleigh
- Paper / Wood / Pulp Teaching-Undergraduate Full time jobs in Raleigh