Sr. Product Development Specialist – Structural Adhesives (Maplewood, MN)
5 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
3M is seeking a Senior Product Development Specialist for the Automotive and Aerospace Solutions Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Senior Product Development specialist will be a leader in our global technical team developing novel structural adhesive solutions for the assembly processes at automotive OEMs and related tier suppliers.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand customer needs by applying industry experience with insights gained through Marketing and Application Engineering partnerships.
- Create product roadmap strategy and develop product concepts to address unmet customer needs.
- Network and share best practices with colleagues working in 3M corporate research, other 3M divisional labs and leading universities/research institutions.
- Identify and resolve potential product or process issues when moving product concepts through the commercialization stages.
- Help to develop and implement an effective intellectual property strategy.
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Monitor competitive and industry trends for automotive assembly processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of research and development experience
- Experience with structural adhesive formulation, test methods and/or quality systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Polymer/Plastics Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Three (3) plus year experience working in the automotive industry (tier or OEM)
- Proven track record in 1K and 2K structural adhesive formulation, test methods and quality systems
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Strong people skills and ability to influence, collaborate, and work with cross-functional team
- Self-directed and internally motivated with proven leadership skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position