Researcher in greater Portland metro area
Chemica Technologies, Inc. is a technology development company. Our mission is to develop innovative medical and environmental products that can enhance the health and quality of life for people world-wide.
We are currently seeking a Researcher.
This position involves research and development, application, and product development using chemical, analytical and chemical engineering skills. This position must be able to design and create systems for proprietary materials and test their efficacy. Specific systems include pilot field tests (environmental water remediation) and prototype medical devices. Additional responsibilities will include instrumentation (including SOP design, system maintenance and minor repair of analytical equipment) and material processing. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and/or President. This position will instruct and guide junior researchers and/or undergraduate research technicians. This person will be involved in several projects in this small company and should be highly motivated, with passion and interest in pursuing his/her own projects while proactively learning new fields of science and technology.
The position will require periodic interaction with R&D personnel of key customer/partners, as well as researchers who are collaborators and consultants in academic and research institutions in the US. This position involves the presentation of our work to private sector industries and federal agencies. Experience with various types of professional documentation, including project reports, and communication, and oral presentations, is preferred. This position may be given the opportunity to serve as principle investigator on future research projects.
To be eligible, candidates must have:
- A graduate degree (PhD or MS combined with significant experience) in a relevant science field, including chemistry (including analytical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, materials chemistry, organic chemistry or physical chemistry), materials science, environmental chemical engineering or other relevant fields.
- Commercial R&D experience in one or more of the above fields, preferably two years.
- Good knowledge of physical chemistry, mathematics and analytical instrumentation.
- Practical knowledge of analytical instruments, including LC/MS, GC/MS, atomic absorption spectrometer, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), ToF-secondary ion mass spectrometry (ToF-SIMS), IR and fluorescence spectrophotometry.
Candidates should be aware that we are a small company, with several large projects requiring knowledge and skills in a wide range of specializations, as well as a wide range of analytical instrumentation. Therefore, the most important feature of this position is passion about selected projects and appreciation of the challenges and opportunities in acquiring new knowledge and skills. The prospect of serving as principle investigator on future research projects will provide career development opportunity.
Candidates must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the US as per IRS Form I-9. Please do not apply if you are not legally eligible to work in the US. Foreign nationals whose eligibility to work requires sponsorship or maintenance of valid immigration status may not be eligible for this position.
Candidates must provide three professional references and a minimum of two professional letters of recommendation.
Preferred Education: PhD or MS
Fields of Specialization: Material Sciences, Environmental Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other relevant sciences.
NOTES: US Residents Only. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Apply for Researcher in greater Portland metro area
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Analytical Research-Applied Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Portland
- Biochemical Research-Applied Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Portland
- Biological Research-Applied Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Portland
- Biotechnical Research-Applied Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Portland
- Engineering Research-Applied Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Portland