Postdoctoral Fellow, Tulane University
The Departments of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Chemistry at Tulane University in collaboration with Advano, Inc. seek applicants for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the area of nanostructured materials processing and characterization for lithium-ion battery (LiB) applications. The Fellow will split their time and share resources and expertise between Tulane and Advano, Inc. in New Orleans, Louisiana. Advano is an early-stage, engineered materials venture that improves the performance of lithium-ion batteries using scalable silicon nanotechnology. In consultation with faculty and graduate students at Tulane, the Fellow will be responsible for collaborating with a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians at Advano with the aim of applying innovative approaches to resolving unusual or complex engineering problems regarding all processes and production activities. Review of applications will begin immediately; applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. The start date is negotiable, but preference will be given to applicants who can start in the summer.
Qualifications. Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science/Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
- Strong publication record.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with both industrial and academic researchers.
- Prior experience analyzing and optimizing material production processes, especially of nanomaterials.
- Prior experience with chemical synthesis techniques, especially polymers and organometallic species.
- Develop new synthetic routes to functionalized nanoparticles with desired structure and electronic properties.
- Characterize the surface chemistry (FTIR, UV-Vis, Raman, NMR) and material properties (XRD, TEM/SEM, XPS, TGA) of functionalized nanoparticle products.
- Analyze nanoparticle dispersion/slurry properties.
- Collaborate with other team members on battery engineering projects.
Application Instructions. Please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and curriculum vitae to apply.interfolio.com/50798 .
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Education Research-Applied Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in New Orleans
- Energy Research-Applied Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in New Orleans
- Engineering Research-Applied Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in New Orleans
- Materials Research-Applied Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in New Orleans
- Nanotechnology Research-Applied Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in New Orleans