What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
This position is responsible for all aspects of innovation, application and other technical support for the Agro segment of Americas region. One of the main goals is to grow sales of this market segment at attractive profitability, with a focus on formulations, application testing and product development by constantly monitoring competitive technology and markets. In addition to customer interaction, managing I2P projects, patent development, conference presentations, keeping up with market trends and regulatory aspects that impacts this market are some of the other responsibilities. This position also assumes responsibility for new product development (R&D) to promote regional innovation, application test method development and training. This position also responsible to manage lab chemists, agronomist and other technical functions and will be part of the global industry team to exchange market, project and key customer information with other regions. This position is expected to travel 20-30 % travel, which includes domestic and international.
- Manage Agro Tech group (USA and Brazil) and support new application and product development and commercialization: plan, perform, and evaluate formulation & application projects. Provide leading role in Global Technical efforts on I2P Projects
- Participate in the development of market segment strategies and targets, relative to product development and customer technical support. Lead and/or support Global Industry Teams
- Oversea joint product development work between North American and global R&D departments. Support platform projects, customer and University collaborations. Determine laboratory project prioritization and assign necessary resources based on business impact and strategic targets
- Investigate new applications or new product opportunities. Act as production interface to help solve problems as it relates to the chemistry, for the BL as well as work to support toll manufacturing agreements
- Supervise and train technical personnel and workplace with respect to maintaining and continuously improving work safety and efficiency
- PhD in Chemistry or related field and 3-5 years experience preferably in Agricultural formulation, surfactants, pesticides or MS in Chemistry or related Field and 10 years related experience in the abovementioned fields. Also desired is people, project and lab management experience
- Experience with Ag related formulations, industry contacts, surfactant chemistry. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills along with solid communication skills and a strong customer orientation, ability to adapt and support business needs, being part of a diverse team as well as individual contributor
- Understand the global competencies and cultures as well as regional differences. Understand the capabilities for new product development on a global basis. Effective communication and leadership skills
Apply for Technical Manager-Agro
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly