Technical Operations Manager
More than 45 years ago, our founders focused on improving health & wellness by going back to the basics--good nutrition and essential nutrients & minerals. Since that day, we have been a leader in the health and wellness industry and have earned the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike by offering the highest quality vitamins and supplements under the Nature Made® brand.
We make products with a purpose, and our purpose is "Bringing the Gift of Health to Life."
We believe that people are the foundation for a successful, growing business and we are seeking someone passionate about our industry and purpose. We work hard, we care about what we do, and we get it done. Together, we deliver exceptional results.
About Nature Made
Nature Made® is a leading national brand of Vitamins and Supplements in food, drug, mass and club retail outlets, and a top 10 brand in the Health and Beauty category. Staying true to our founders' intent, Nature Made® is committed to high quality.
This position leads a team of Process Engineers and Formulators focused on delivering smooth running, predictable, efficient production process through data collection, analysis, and continuous improvement efforts across our products and processes.
- Co-lead, in consultation with other stakeholders, including production site management team, to ensure site quality, production, and cost savings metrics and goals are met.
- Collaborate with the Lean Operations team to ensure data collection from critical control points in the production process, conduct an analysis of the data, and prioritize and then execute against the resulting identification of improvement areas to drive measurable improvement that meets the business needs.
- Direct and supervise technical support to Manufacturing and Quality for CAPA's relating to formulas or raw materials.
- Manage, track, and drive sustainable technical operations progress against both short term, project goals and long term site specific continuous improvement goals.
- Develop, maintain, and execute against budget for technical operations team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
BS in Food Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
Minimum five years of experience in a product development, process engineering, or related role.
Minimum three years of experience in a product development, process engineering, or related role with a MS in Food Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering.
Experience required in one of the following - Food Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Cosmetic Manufacturing or Nutriceutical Manufacturing.
Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
Consumer goods industry experience is a plus.
- Practical experience with formulations, product/process development, manufacturing equipment, processing laboratory techniques and regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to analyze manufacturing issues and identify the root cause, then work cross functionally and through others to implement changes to prevent recurrence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to manage up and work cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and across all levels of management.
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project management software.
- Working knowledge of QbD principles.
- Practical knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Manufacturing and general office environment.
Travel is expected to be about 10%.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible. Frequent work in Pilot Plant and Production facilities.
The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility for three to six employees.
We are proud to offer:
- Salary is competitive with a bonus program
- Exceptional benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Life insurance, and long term disability coverage
- Educational assistance
- Substantial discounts on our products
- 11 paid holidays per year
- An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
- Credit union membership
Pharmavite manufacturing facility is located in the Opelika, Alabama.
Visit our website at Pharmavite.com
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Visit our Product Web Sites: