Chemistry Lab Instructor
- Job Type
- Full time
University: University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
College: Science & Mathematics
Position Title/Rank: Visiting Chem Lab Instructor I
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Earning
Deadline: The search will continue until filled; however review of applications will begin immediately.
Hire Date: Successful applicant must be available to start by August 7, 2018.
The College of Science and Mathematics at USF Sarasota-Manatee provides an innovative, student-centered educational environment through inquiry-based learning and collaborative research focused on basic and applied sciences and mathematics. We cultivate a dynamic culture by encouraging free discussion, fostering critical thinking, developing strong communication skills, and actively engaging students in research and evidence-based practices under the mentorship of faculty.
Applications are invited for a full-time, 9-month academic year, Visiting Chemistry Laboratory Instructor for the Biology Program in the College of Science & Mathematics to begin by August 7, 2018. We are seeking an instructor who can teach 4 laboratory sections per week in organic chemistry and 1 lower level biochemistry course each semester. The candidate selected will provide engaging laboratory and classroom experiences for our undergraduate students.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, visiting position. Visiting faculty are appointed for one academic year. However, if funding is available, the appointment is renewable for up to a total of three academic years at the discretion of, and based on the needs of, the institution (per State of Florida law). In addition, the applicant may be offered one additional summer course based on the needs of the institution and at the discretion of both the institution and applicant.
1. Master's degree in Chemistry or a related field in the Natural Sciences with 18 graduate credit hours in chemistry.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in laboratory skills.
3. Familiarity with the principles and requirements of supporting chemistry laboratory instruction.
1. Ph.D. degree in chemistry.
2. Experience in designing and executing labs for college courses in chemistry.
3. Experience teaching organic chemistry laboratories where duties included direct responsibility for preparing labs for college courses in chemistry.
A criminal background check is required.
TO APPLY: Click on the "Apply" button to be re-directed to the USF Careers web site. Only online applications through the USF Careers website will be accepted.