Postdoctoral Associate in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry
Two postdoc positions in synthetic medicinal chemistry are immediately available in the Wang group at the Center for Drug Design, University of Minnesota.
- Design and execute multi-step synthetic routes for the preparation of small molecule inhibitors against various viral and/or cellular protein targets.
- Sufficiently characterize final compounds and intermediates as required.
- Properly collect, interpret and manage research data.
- Carry out literature searches relevant to the research topic, identify problems related to the research and recommend solutions.
- Conduct careful experiments in compliance with established safety regulations.
- Keep good research records and produce well written and accurate reports.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and fulfill lab duties assigned.
- Participate in research discussions with members of the research teams in a highly collaborative research environment.
Interested candidates should submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) an application package consisting of cover letter, CV, research summary and a list of three references. All files should be prepared in PDF and the email subject line should be "Postdoc".
All applicants must have a PhD in synthetic medicinal / organic chemistry, or related areas, with extensive experience in organic synthesis and good working knowledge on analytical methods.
Skills in molecular modeling for structure and ligand-based small molecule inhibitor design and experience in heterocyclic chemistry are preferred. New PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Postdoctoral Associate in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly