Sasol (USA) Corporation is expanding its existing Louisiana Chemical Operations with the development of a world-scale ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons of ethylene and other downstream derivatives per year. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we have openings for multiple Chemist positions. These positions report to a wide range of functions in the Research and Development Department at our Lake Charles Chemical Complex.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Responsible for safely conducting a broad spectrum of laboratory experiments under the direction of senior researchers, for properly maintaining
- Sasol equipment, and for the generation and communication of reliable, properly-documented data for lead scientists
- Provides technical support to lead scientists within R&D Responsible for integrity and operation of company equipment, and adherence to safety, health, and environmental procedures
- Demonstrates feasibility of technologies defined or developed by senior scientists within R&D
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 1-2 years of Industrial experience preferred
- Strong laboratory and mathematical skills
- Computer competency including knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and other required software
- Good oral and written communications skills
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not pay a fee for resumes submitted.