Senior Scientist, LIMS Super User
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Scientist to join our Analytical Sciences department in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will function as LIMS Super User and SME to increase speed of problem solving, improve training and interact with IT and software vendors to ensure Analytical Sciences needs and concerns are understood and addressed.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Making configuration changes to master data including analysis and product tables and test lists.
- Independently analyzing customer LIMS issues, solving technical problems, and interacting with LIMS AMS support team in resolving technical issues.
- Addressing customer questions, participate in multiple User Acceptance Testing activities; developing and providing training, including documentation.
- Using technical knowledge to independently function as the liaison with IT for system consolidation and setting future strategic direction.
- Using technical knowledge to independently function as the liaison with IT and LabWare vendor for project prioritization and enhancements.
- Interacting with Analytical Sciences customers to understand their reporting requirements related to LIMS and participate in and monitor development of solutions.
- A BS degree in chemistry, biology, computer science or a relevant technical discipline. MS degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience developing and coordinating efforts to build technical solutions within LabWare LIMS.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical writing skills.
- Ability to develop database queries.
- Must be able to independently understand and solve complex LIMS issues.
- Experience using data analysis and visualization tools such as JMP, SAS, Tableau, etc. is desirable.
- Knowledge of FDA Data Integrity requirements and approaches for validation of computerized systems is a plus.
Altria is a Fortune 200 company, proud to call Richmond, Virginia our home. Our companies - which have been the undisputed market leaders in the U.S. tobacco industry for decades - include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, and U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, the maker of Copenhagen and Skoal. We also own John Middleton, manufacturer of Black & Mild cigars, Nat Sherman, a super-premium cigarette and cigar business and Nu Mark, an innovation company which makes e-vapor products like Mark Ten. We complement our total tobacco platform with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of Chateau Ste. Michelle, and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev - the world's largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://altria.contacthr.com/63841681.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: