Senior Scientist, Stability Studies
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Scientist to join our Analytical Sciences department in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will provide technical, managerial and data analysis support for product stability studies and contract lab sourcing.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Supporting all aspects of product stability studies including protocol development and execution, data review and independent recognition of issues.
- Providing direction to individuals reviewing stability study data for completeness, out of specification and out of trend.
- Implementing tools and techniques to allow rapid data review by customers.
- Supporting external contract lab interactions including determining and understanding customer needs, lab capability, sample procurement and submission, data and report review and invoice management.
- A B.S. in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years analytical method development/validation and laboratory data management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in management of product stability studies.
- Expertise in employing statistics and data visualization tools (JMP, Excel, SAS, R, Tableau, etc.) is required.
- Ability to use VB or VBA to program automated routines and build custom functionality is desired.
- Experience with database management and reporting using MySQL, SQL, and other industry standard enterprise level relational database systems will be beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical writing skills
- Experience in review and interpretation of lab data
Altria is a Fortune 200 company, proud to call Richmond, Virginia our home. Our companies - which have been the undisputed market leaders in the U.S. tobacco industry for decades - include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, the maker of Marlboro cigarettes, and U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, the maker of Copenhagen and Skoal. We also own John Middleton, manufacturer of Black & Mild cigars, Nat Sherman, a super-premium cigarette and cigar business and Nu Mark, an innovation company which makes e-vapor products like Mark Ten. We complement our total tobacco platform with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of Chateau Ste. Michelle, and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev - the world's largest brewer.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs, as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://altria.contacthr.com/63841823.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: