Process Development Engineer
At Pharmavite, we strive to make the world a better place. It's in our DNA.
More than 45 years ago, our founders focused on improving health & wellness by going back to the basics--good nutrition and essential nutrients & minerals. Since that day, we've been a leader in the health and wellness industry and have earned the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers by offering the highest quality vitamins and supplements under the Nature Made® brand.
At Pharmavite, we make products with a purpose, and our purpose is Bringing the Gift of Health to Life. We are always seeking like-minded, talented people who are passionate about health and wellness to join our team. We believe that if we work hard, and care about what we do, we will deliver exceptional results together.
This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and implementing manufacturing technology that will improve Pharmavite's products or processes. Collaborates with all scientists and engineers in R&D, Pilot Plant, Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering.
Serves as Operations representative on certain New Product Development (NPD) project teams. Communicate the needs, requirements and capabilities of Operations. In addition, this role will be responsible for scale-up and commercialization/qualification activities for the given NPD project.
- Develop and manage capital projects to install factory scalable equipment into the pilot plant and assessment of manufacturing scalability.
- Lead test plan development, experimental setup, test execution and data analysis to quantify key process and machine parameters and fundamental mechanisms at both pilot and manufacturing scale.
- Work with R&D and Capital Engineering to develop robust process specifications capable of achieving product attribute targets and ensuring superior product quality and food safety.
- Lead equipment qualification (PQ) activities on Engineering Capital Equipment Projects
- Identify and evaluate innovative processing options based on product attribute requirements including evaluation based on technical and economic feasibility.
- Provide scalable technology platforms in support of both current processes and new developments.
- Support the Capital Engineering team to assist in the management of scale-up risk and introduction of technology into supply chain.
- Minor Project and Budget responsibilities are required with potential contractor and technician management responsibility.
- Develop a deep, technical understanding of Operations and their manufacturing processes
- Effectively communicate Operations capabilities to cross-functional development teams. Lead scale-up activities related to New Product Development
- Lead commercialization and qualification activities related to New Product Development
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Travel: up to 25%
BSE in chemical engineering or related degree. Other engineering disciplines considered with appropriate experience.
0-4 years of experience in an engineering, process development, or related role.
Consumer goods industry experience is a plus.
- Strong engineering fundamentals and familiarity with experimental design and statistical data analysis.
- Proven project planning and management skills with ability to lead multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence, motivate and lead a project team.
- Self-starter with assertive project ownership qualities.
- Intellectually curious with proven creative, value-added thinking
- Working knowledge of process development and industry best practices, in relevant technologies.
- Proven process development and project management abilities.
- Demonstrated excellence at building relationships, leading and motivating others across a range of disciplines.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, experimental design software, and understand engineering drawings (e.g. AutoCAD).
Manufacturing and general office environment.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible. Frequent work in Pilot Plant and Production facilities.
The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
We are proud to offer:
- Salary is competitive with a bonus program
- Exceptional benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Life insurance, and long term disability coverage
- Educational assistance
- Substantial discounts on our products
- 11 paid holidays per year
- An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
- Credit union membership
Pharmavite headquarters are located in the greater Los Angeles area - Northridge, CA.
Visit our website at Pharmavite.com
Your next opportunity is just a click away!
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Visit our Product Web Sites: