Assistant Professor - Chemistry and Biochemistry
Assistant Professor – Chemistry and Biochemistry (Job # 12541)
Arizona State University, School of Molecular Sciences
The School of Molecular Sciences (SMS) at Arizona State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of chemistry and biochemistry with an anticipated start date of August 2019. This is an academic year, benefits-eligible, tenure eligible position. Candidates working in all areas of molecular sciences are invited to apply, including chemistry, biochemistry, physics, biology, medicine, and engineering of molecules and materials.
Job Duties: The successful candidate is expected to develop a vigorous externally funded research program at ASU with significant national and international recognition, teach and mentor effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and participate in professional and university service.
- Doctorate in a field of science or engineering relevant to the chemistry, biochemistry, physics, biology, or engineering of molecules and/or materials by time of appointment
- Demonstrated potential to establish a vigorous, externally-funded research program with national and international impact
- A strong record of research accomplishments
- A commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring
- A strong potential for success in serving the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
- Expertise in the areas of chemistry or biochemistry
- A strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Evidence of a successful postdoctoral experience
To apply, submit the following materials as a single PDF document via the employment application portal at https://sms.asu.edu/about/employment-opportunities :
- Cover letter
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae that includes a complete record of publications, patents and other meaningful demonstrations of impact in the field
- Succinct outline of future research
- Contact information for three references that may be requested at a later stage of the application and interview process.
Initial deadline for review of complete applications is Wednesday, October 31st, 2018. If not filled, applications will continue to be reviewed weekly thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
The School of Molecular Sciences (formerly the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry) at Arizona State University is an organization of more than 55 faculty members, 100 staff, and 1400 graduate and undergraduate students who work at the forefront of science and technology innovation and education. It influences and impacts broad university-wide initiatives in fundamental science, health, sustainability,
energy, food-water-climate, security, materials, manufacturing, space exploration and other endeavors of advanced technology.
ASU is located on four campuses and two research parks within the Phoenix metropolitan area and is one of the largest universities in the U.S. The School is located on the Tempe campus. ASU is ranked within the top 100 research universities in the world, consistently being recognized as the most innovative university in the country. It is home to the Biodesign Institute (https://biodesign.asu.edu/ ) and the Global Institute of Sustainability (https://sustainability.asu.edu/ ), both of which have strong
representation from SMS faculty. Diversity is a key component of excellence at ASU,
and the School of Molecular Sciences supports the value of diversity among faculty,
staff, and students.
Arizona State University is a research-intensive university with outstanding research facilities and infrastructure support. Recently ranked #1 as the nation’s most innovative school, the university’s location within the large and fast-growing Phoenix region provides a rich context for applied research and community engagement around issues of molecular sciences. We invite you to learn more about the School of Molecular Sciences and Arizona State University by visiting https://sms.asu.edu and https://newamericanuniversity.asu.edu/.
ASU is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Further information on ASU’s policies can be found at https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and its complete non-discrimination statement at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.
More searches like this
- Biochemical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Tempe
- Education Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Tempe
- Green Chemistry Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Tempe
- Inorganic Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Tempe
- Medicinal / Clinical Teaching-Undergraduate Full time $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Tempe